Want to Sell Your House This Fall?
If you're looking to sell your home this Fall you'll want to do everything you can to make your house look its best. Contrary to popular belief, Fall can actually be a great time to sell. Keep these tips in mind and you're likely to achieve positive results:
- Curb appeal. A home shopper's first impression is everything. The moment they pull up to the curb, they'll make an instant judgment. You'll want to be sure it's positive. You can begin by making sure leaves are raked, and your shrubs and bushes are pruned. Hang a festive fall wreath on your door.
- Make sure your walkway is free of leaves and debris.
- The Northwest is rainy…Be sure you have a good doormat so visitors can wipe their feet and not traipse mud and water through the house.
- Make sure gutters are free from debris and drain properly.
- Keep the house cozy. Entering a cold house could leave an unfavorable impression. Instead, set the thermostat at a comfortable temperature.
- Make sure the back yard and your roof aren't covered in leaves.
- Make sure your windows are sparkling clean.
- Keep wall colors neutral and light. A light yellow or beige will make the room feel cooler than a brick red or dark taupe.
- Let the light in. Open blinds and curtains so plenty of light can brighten up the home's interior.
- And, just like any other time of year, get rid of the clutter throughout your house. And get rid of any odors that might be a distraction.