In the world of real estate marketing, new technology seems to come out every week and frankly, it can get a little overwhelming. I tend to let the fads show themselves before jumping 100% on board. However, in the case of this new 3D walkthrough technology, I'm all over it from the start.
You can tour a property like you're walking through it similar to Google Street View. Take a look at downstairs then upstairs, and then take a look upstairs again. Take a look at the floorplan….Then take a look like it's a dollhouse. All those options are there for the viewer.
It really is a remarkable tool that could change the way pictures are used for real estate listings. Take a look at my latest version here. Walk through the house and let me know what you think. I love to talk about the latest and greatest technology tools.
Pretty much the best day ever on Tuesday. I was lucky enough to be invited by a friend to attend a special "Media Preview Day" for the 2015 US Open Golf Championship at Chambers Bay Golf Course. The event was hosted by the USGA with all the local tournament directors and national media representatives. We started the morning with a continental breakfast and an informational presentation by Danny Sink who is the US Open Tournament Director here at Chambers Bay.
After the presentation we all headed out to the course for a guided tour. We hit six or seven points on the course to learn about changes being made, special viewing locations, and inside information about how tournament preperations are coming along. One of the highlights was seeing the US Open Tournament Trophy being placed throughout the course for photo opportunities. Well, I though that was the highlight until what happened after lunch.
From the tour we headed up for a finishing presentation and a very nice lunch in the tent overlooking the Golf Course and the beautiful Puget Sound and Olympic Mountains. At lunch we were told to hang out for a special surprise on it's way. That surprise turned out to be the real Super Bowl Trophy from the recent Seattle Seahawks victory in Super Bowl 48! Wow! Now we're talking…How cool is this? I was lucky enough to attend the Super Bowl and I've seen pictures of some of my friends holding the trophy but I haven't yet been able to be in it's presence. It's cooler than I thought it would be.
An old buddy of mine from my time working for the team Lane Gammel of the Seahawks Media Department was the "Lombardi Keeper". He was pretty good at his job. We followed the thing all over the course for photo ops w/ the maintenance staff, the USGA guys, and most of the media there. One thing stayed consistent….Nobody touched the trophy. I got a few great shots with both trophies but the one I wanted hadn't happened. I had to have it in my hands! Like I said earlier, I'd seen too many of my friends in position to hold it. I had to make it happen.
So, cut to the finish. The day was coming to and end and we headed up to the Clubhouse. When most people moved along I nicely asked my old friend if I could "hold the trophy". He said I could and showed me where to touch it so my grubby hands didn't mess it up. I grabbed it and perched it up and had another friend take what will no be my favorite picture ever!
It was a great day out at Chambers Bay. I was able to connect with some old friends and make some new ones. I had opportunity to talk about chambersbayhousing.com and what we are doing with private home rentals for the tournament. Special thanks to Chris Johnson for the invite. I'll be your caddy any day. Also, a big thanks to Lane Gammel…Thanks for allowing me the chance to hold that iconic trophy… Wow!
Pretty cool article in today's Tacoma News Tribune referencing our recently launched 2015 US Open Housing Website www.ChambersBayHousing.com. It was nice to see my comments were in context and there wasn't much in need of correction. That isn't always the case, so seeing it in place was refreshing. If you haven't seen the article it's linked HERE.
If you want to see the actual 2015 US Open at Chambers Bay House rental webpage we've setup click HERE. As always, feel free to call me direct if you have questions or just want to talk golf, sports, local news, etc. I'm not one to shy away from a phone call. 253-988-3120 is my number.
Thanks for taking time to read this.
In a few days Windermere Professional Partners Property Management (WPPPM) will be launching our full service 2015 US Open home rental website chambersbayhousing.com. The site will have listing resources, homeowner services, US Open Tournament information, links to Chambers Bay Golf Course, and more. Look for the official launch soon.
The 2015 US Open is coming to Chambers Bay and University Place! Are you ready?
Excitement is building for the US Open Golf Championship being played at Chambers Bay in 2015. Tickets went on sale to the general public June 9th. Take a look at the link below for information from King 5 News.
Contact me direct If you'd like information on how to rent your home to US Open spectators or if you're looking for a list of homes available to rent while you're in town for the 2015 US Open at Chambers Bay.
If you're like me, making resolutions is something you try to do every year but they don't last. This year I decided to challenge myself on a few things rather than "make a resolution". The link below helped me come up with some fun challenges for myself and my family. Take a look and see if something catches your eye. Good luck and may 2014 be your best year ever!!!
Michael Jordan's house outside Chicago is up for auction later this month and you just have to see this video tour! There aren't many things I would change about this place. It's spectacular in every sense of the word. Does anybody out there have an extra twenty or so million dollars to blow? If so, I'll happily set you up with the auctioneers. If you get the place, I promise to visit often. It's OK, the place is huge. You won't even know I'm there.
Take a look….What do you think?
For more information, Here's a link to the home's website: Air Jordan's House
Are you a Pierce County luxury homeowner? If not, would you like to be? If you're thinking about buying or selling we should talk. My team and I have ability to replicate and expand upon some of the innovative marketing techniques used for homes like this Jordan estate. I've participated in almost half the sales over $1M in University Place since 2011. With the US Open at Chambers Bay on the way, University Place is on the verge of major exposure and high desirability. I'm ready and willing to help you make the most of the high end real estate market here in the Tacoma, Gig Harbor, University Place, and Steilacoom areas.
Fall is upon us! Soon the leaves will be falling and the days will be shorter. The change of the seasons is always a good time to go over some home maintenance items that may need attention. Checklists are my favorite way to stay on top of these potential problems. Hopefully there are some things listed here that will be helpful to you.
- Inspect your furnace or heat pump to ensure that it can achieve maximum efficiency
- Check to make sure your thermostat works properly
- Schedule to have your chimney serviced and cleaned
- Clean your gutters and downspouts throughout the season
- Repair and window cracks or holes in weather stripping or caulking.
- Check your crawlspace for flooding after the first long rainfall
- Make sure you have new batteries in all flashlights and you have a specific place to keep them.
- Have your lawn irrigation system professionally drained and winterized
- Make sure your attic and crawlspaces have adequate insulation
- Clean out your bathroom fan
- Test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Make sure you have at least one fire extinguisher on each floor of the house and in the garage
- Make a fire escape plan for your house and take time to review it with all family members
- Disconnect garden hoses and drain water still in faucets
Paying attention to these items will help prevent costly and/or emergency repairs and will allow you piece of mind as the weather changes.
Steve Sloboda is a Managing Broker & Premier Associate with Windermere Real Estate in University Place, WA.
Want to Sell Your House This Fall?
If you're looking to sell your home this Fall you'll want to do everything you can to make your house look its best. Contrary to popular belief, Fall can actually be a great time to sell. Keep these tips in mind and you're likely to achieve positive results:
- Curb appeal. A home shopper's first impression is everything. The moment they pull up to the curb, they'll make an instant judgment. You'll want to be sure it's positive. You can begin by making sure leaves are raked, and your shrubs and bushes are pruned. Hang a festive fall wreath on your door.
- Make sure your walkway is free of leaves and debris.
- The Northwest is rainy…Be sure you have a good doormat so visitors can wipe their feet and not traipse mud and water through the house.
- Make sure gutters are free from debris and drain properly.
- Keep the house cozy. Entering a cold house could leave an unfavorable impression. Instead, set the thermostat at a comfortable temperature.
- Make sure the back yard and your roof aren't covered in leaves.
- Make sure your windows are sparkling clean.
- Keep wall colors neutral and light. A light yellow or beige will make the room feel cooler than a brick red or dark taupe.
- Let the light in. Open blinds and curtains so plenty of light can brighten up the home's interior.
- And, just like any other time of year, get rid of the clutter throughout your house. And get rid of any odors that might be a distraction.
University Place, WA, June 27, 2013:
Steve Sloboda of Windermere Real Estate – Professional Partners in University Place has closed University Place's first million dollar listing of 2013. Only the fifth residential property in University Place city limits to sell for more than a million dollars since 2008, this magnificent home located in the gated neighborhood of Augusta lasted only five days on the market.
"Homes like this with a rare combination of size, location, and elegance don't often become available" said Steve Sloboda. "In a real estate market like we're currently experiencing, even luxury homes can sell fast if they're priced right and marketed correctly."
The residence checks in at 5822 square feet with five bedrooms and five bathrooms. It's situated on a 1.5 acre lot above Chambers Creek. Features include a temperature controlled wine cellar, a master suite with separate sauna, a billiards room, and a commercial quality HVAC system. The new owners, also represented by Windermere, are already residents of University Place.
- Steve Sloboda is an award winning Residential Real Estate Broker with Windermere Real Estate – Professional Partners in University Place. He was voted "Best Real Estate Agent" by readers of South Sound Magazine and is one of only two Windermere Premier Associate Agents in Pierce County. The Windermere Premier Program is specialized to luxury homes priced $700,000 or higher.
- University Place is located in Pierce County, Washington. It's home to beautiful parks, highly rated schools, wonderful views, and Chambers Bay Golf Course – Host of the 2015 US Open Golf Tournament.
Steve Sloboda Windermere Real Estate – Professional Partners
2700 Bridgeport Way West, Suite F University Place, WA 98466